The Minister’s Responsibilities
The Minister’s role;
- Sets the political framework and provides vision
Provides political leadership
- Focuses on the government successes
- Secures resources of the ministry
- Take collective responsibility for cabinet decisions
- Has an obligation to support his colleagues
- Public accountability for ministry’s performance.
Hon. Pitso Lesaoana was appointed Minister of Gender, Youth, Sports, Arts, Culture and Social Development on November 4, 2022.
He studied Mathematics and Physics at the National University of Lesotho (NUL) from January 1992 to July 1997. In December 2000 to January 2001, he trained for Design of water pumps at Orbit Pumps.
He is a member of the Revolution for Prosperity (RFP) political party.
Career outside Politics
Before entering politics, Hon. Lesaoana was Project Manager and CEO at Project Management and Services company based at Khubetsoana Ntširele, Maseru.His key responsibilities in the company was to perform all administrative duties, project and contract management.
Hon. Lesaoana was born at Maphotong, Roma in 1975. He is married and are blessed with a daughter. He has been living with physical disability from 2003 after being involved in a car accident.
+2665318835 / +26668420848